Thursday, March 13, 2008

Let the Madness Begin

Technically it starts next week, but today is the day that I have always considered the beginning of the madness. It's the time of the year when I, along with hundreds of thousands of other fans, suddenly become ill, are unable to go to work and find that the only cure is to stretch out on the sofa in front of the HD Plasma.

Today is the day that all of the major conferences tipped off their conference tournament. Unfortunately for me, today is also the day the season ended for my LSU Tigers. Outside of four straight wins in four days, the Tigers season had ended long before today. However, there is always the hope that your team can find that magical formula and play their way into the Big Dance. The Tigers never found that formula.

I had hoped to give my SEC Basketball Tournament predictions last night before the tournament began today but my workouts at 24 Hour Fitness have left me very tired in the evenings. Fortunately, I didn't post any of these predictions to my blog as I have already missed on two of the first three games however, we won't count that against me as I didn't "officially" make my picks.

As soon as the brackets come out on Sunday, I am going to fill out my brackets and post my predictions to the world. Perhaps I should go against my gut feeling next time and pick all opposites. It usually works out better that way.

No comments: